A Simple Solution for Better Budgeting
Financial Planner is offered as an add-on module of Viewpoint Construction Software’s financial planning tool– Financial Manager. Fully integrated with Viewpoint V6 General Ledger for simplicity and efficiency, Financial Planner provides easy-to-use tools for detailed budgeting, planning and forecasting in key areas such as Operations and Salary. Enable unlimited collaboration without sacrificing control thanks to utilization of Web technology, a secure centralized database, dynamic data entry views/templates and a multi-level workflow system.
With Financial Planner you’ll have the tools necessary for exceptional financial management that meet the needs of every area in your business.
Following are the features of Financial Planner that help decision makers keep their businesses optimized:
- Reduce budgeting cycle time and eliminate spreadsheets.
- Easily manage the budget approval process with multi-level workflow routings.
- View immediate impact of a budget change on a specific account, department, division or entire organization.
- Assign flexible security roles in combination to specific users to achieve desired access while minimizing maintenance effort.
- Easily plan and forecast staffing requirements and expenditures.
Budgeting & Planning
- Support multiple planning scenarios throughout the budget process - the number of versions is unlimited.
- Precisely control budget data for editing and analysis through the use of highly flexible views and templates.
- Ability to define selection criteria, subtotaling, filtering, ordering and the inclusion of comparative and calculated data provides users with a highly productive interface.
- Manage the budget approval process through multi-level, role-based workflow routings.
- Ability to plan and forecast for multiple future years.
- Track every change made to the budget including who made the change and when and why it was made.
- Create journal entries or balanced budget transfers, copy existing journals and reverse.
- Provide a variety of modeling tools to end-users and budget coordinators.
- Increase or decrease selected data by specified percentages or amounts.
- Data can be allocated based on percentages or other specified drivers.
- Ability to combine or change sets of data based on defined formulas.
- Generate forecasts by combining budgets and YTD actuals.
- Utilize a single data model to allow easy definition of elements such as pay cycles, union groups, benefits parameters, positions and steps/grades.
- Split individual compensation and benefit amounts among multiple departments, projects or cost centers based on a percentage, FTE or fixed dollar amount.
- Access data with the Reporting tool for the production of user-defined reports.
- The security system ensures that each user can view and/or change only authorized information.